Mike Thomas is a full-time evangelist at West End. Mike began his work with West End church in January 2020, and is responsible for congregational preaching from the pulpit, teaching bible classes regularly, and leading/attending studies outside of normal worship services.
Erik Borlaug and his wife Samantha, have joined West End in December 2021 to begin as a full-time evangelist. Erik comes from Atlanta, GA and will participate in preaching from the pulpit, weekly Bible studies in the community, as well as teaching classes and other items of need.
- I was born in Rome on October 4, 1947. My parents then moved to live in Aprilia for the job of my father. My father, Mario, became a Christian in 1954 and my mother, Assunta, converted herself three years later. I was baptized in Christ on 1969 by Rodolfo Berdini at the Aprilia church of Christ.
- I grew up in the Aprilia church (Italy) and studied the gospel with Rodolfo Berdini, who is a good, faithful preacher. Then, I started work in Latina in 1986 (30 km from Aprilia) to establish the church there. That was possible when I received support for preaching the gospel full-time. I left my job (electric motor technician) and went to Latina to preach with my family (my wife Rita, and children, Luana and Gabriele, and mother, Assunta)
- I have been preaching 35 years, 21 of them being at the Latina church. Our services are as follows: Bible study and worship to God on Sunday mornings; bible study with the church on Thursday evenings; work with TV programs two days a week; a radio announcement and printed materials to distribute to people weekly. I am holding four private bible studies during the week, three of which are newly baptized into Christ. We usually Skype during the study, but sometime we meet in person. So we go in God's grace and thanks to all of you for your support for preaching the Gospel.
- I preach for the Pomezia congregation (South Rome, about 20 in attendance). Through the years, I helped the Gospel preaching in various Italian locations including Pescara, Caserta, Alessandria, Trieste, Udine, Aprilia, Foggia, etc. In some of these locations there are today well established congregations. For example, my son Stefano preaches for the congregation located in Aprilia (about 15 miles south of Pomezia)
- On two occasions, in 2011 and 2014, I had the opportunity to preach in various towns in Ethiopia being in the company of brother Curtis Pope and Anthony Paul. That was a spirtually enriching experience for me.
- I am keeping on preaching for the Pomezia congregation. Here, my other son Daniele is also a valuable asset to the congregation by being a good preacher and prepared teacher of the Word.
- Also, I am currently helping the Gospel work in two locations in Tuscany and Sicily. In fact, we have an ongoing teaching program (Homiletics, Jesus Christ, Paul and His Epistles, Prophets) for small groups of brethren interested in delving deeply in the Bible studies.
- For this work I am deeply thankful for my wife, Rosanna. Without her, our work would have not been possible. I am thankful for my good family. The things I am mentioning here are actually the work of my entire family. Above all, I am grateful to the Lord who is giving us the energy to keep on with the preaching. I am deeply appreciative of your cooperation in the Lord.